Celestron SkyProdigy 130 Computerized Telescope with StarSense - 5" Newtonian Reflector Telescope on GoTo Mount
With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick release fork arms and tubes, SkyProdigy SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes — with no tools and no prior knowledge of the night sky required making it the perfect entry-level telescope! And if you're not sure what to look at, the SkyProdigy features SkyTour, a list of popular and interesting objects that is tailored to your time and location.
Powered by 8 D cell user supplied batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18773) these Celestron SkyProdigy's love to travel. An external battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance. With the SkyProdigy's ergonomically-designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
At the heart of the Celestron Sky Prodigy 130 is a quality 130mm Newtonian Reflector telescope with an aperture of 5". With a focal ratio of f/5 and focal length of 650mm, this telescope also features multi-coated, high quality Celestron optics and makes use of a rack and pinion style focuser. The whole system, including the drive and computer units weighs only 18 lbs.!
Celestron SkyProdigy 130 - 5" ReflectingTelescope on GoTo Mount Features...
- High quality 130 mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope on a Fully computerized Altazimuth mount.
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray for quick no tool set up.
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky X" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps.
- Proven computer control technology with a database which allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects.
- StarSense Technology lets your telescope do the aligning, without you having to locate any stars.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and auxiliary port for additional accessories.
|Telescope Series||Celestron SkyProdigy|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Mount Type||Alt-Azimuth - GoTo|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/5|
|Telescope Focal Length||650mm|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Highest Useful Magnification||307x|
|Tube Color or Finish||Red|
|Optical Tube Outer Diameter||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Length of Optical Tube||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Optical Tube Weight||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Dew Shield Included?||No, Not Necessary|
|Diagonal Included?||Yes - 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal|
|Finder Included||Red Dot Finder|
|Eyepiece(s) Included||25mm, 9mm|
|Hand Controller Included?||Yes|
|Power Adapter Included||None - Requires D Batteries|
|CD ROMs Included||TheSky X First Light|
|Alignment Procedure||SkyAlign, Solar System Align|
|Objects in Database||4,000 objects|
|OTA Mount Type||Single Arm|
|Tripod Type Included||Adjustable with Steel Legs|
|Total Telescope Weight||18 lbs.|
- 130mm f/5 Newtonian Reflector
- Computerized GoTo Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Adjustable Tripod
- 9mm Eyepiece
- 25mm Eyepiece
- The SkyX First Light CD-ROM
- Telescope Control Software
- StarSense Hand Control
- Star Pointer Finderscope