Celestron C8-SGT Advanced Series Telescope - 8" f/10 SCT on CG-5GT GoTo Mount
For a completely automated GoTo system, the C8-SGT allows access to features like automatic star alignment capability and GoTo slewing to over 40,000 objects. Equipped with high speed motors and a hand control, the C8-SGT allows you to remotely slew to desired objects quickly and accurately. No matter what level you are starting out at, this precision instrument will satisfy your needs both visually and photographically.
The new Celestron Advanced Series family of computerized GoTo and non-computerized telescopes was designed to offer the novice or more advanced user a selection of models with the features and quality that serious amateurs can appreciate. Celestron offers a dozen different optical tube assemblies on the new heavy-duty German Equatorial CG-5GT (Go To) mount. Choose a refractor, reflector, or Schmidt-Cassegrain...it's up to you! Regardless of your choice, the completely overhauled CG-5GT mount will carry the load with ease!
Celestron's new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth movement and great stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs (2" stainless steel!), and the beefy center tray, both of which offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
Celestron is proud to offer the GT version of the Advanced Series on a computerized GoTo version of their sturdy CG-5 mount. Engineers at Celestron have coupled this solid mount with a computerized control system to utilize many of the same functions and features as their most advanced GoTo telescopes, including, among other things, an Autoguider port for long exposure deep sky astrophotography. GoTo models are also upgradeable to GPS with the optional CN16 GPS Accessory (#93963), allowing your telescope to pinpoint your position on the earth and to upload the date and time, making the alignment process faster and easier than ever before!
GoTo versions of the Advanced Series also come loaded with new software features and over 40,000 database objects. Since the mount is capable of holding over 35 lbs of payload and slewing at 4º per second, you will be able to quickly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
C8S-GT - 8" f/10 SCT on CG-5GT GoTo Mount Features....
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (#93963) and proven NexStar(R) computer control technology.
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer.
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- 40,000+ object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars, variable stars, solar system objects, and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons and DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes.
- The CG-5 GT computerized mount features Celestron's sleek integrated design.
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes and DC car battery adapter included.
- Max Slew Speed: 4º per second and Software Precision: 24-bit, 0.08 arcsecond calculation.
- Hand Control Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control and Motor Ports: Aux Port, AutoGuide Ports.
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar as well as Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South.
- Alignment Procedures: AutoAlign, 2-Star Alignment, Quick Align
|Telescope Series||Celestron Advanced|
|Mount Type||Equatorial - GoTo|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/10|
|Telescope Focal Length||2032mm|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Optical Coatings||Celestron XLT|
|Tube Color or Finish||Celestron Grey|
|Optical Tube Outer Diameter||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Length of Optical Tube||17"|
|Optical Tube Weight||12.5 lbs.|
|Mount Weight||42 lbs.|
|Dew Shield Included?||No, Sold Separately|
|Diagonal Included?||Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Finder Included||6 x 30 Optical Finder|
|Hand Controller Included?||Yes|
|Power Adapter Included||DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter|
|CD ROMs Included||The Sky Level 1|
|Alignment Procedure||2-Star Alignment, AutoAlign, Quick Align|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North, EQ South|
|Objects in Database||40,000 objects|
|OTA Mount Type||CG-5 Dovetail|
|Tripod Type Included||Adjustable with Steel Legs|
|Total Telescope Weight||54.5 lbs.|
- Celestron C8-SGT - 8" f/10 SCT
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- 1.25" 25mm Plössl Eyepiece (94x)
- 6x30 Finderscope
- Mounting Bracket
- CG-5 Equatorial Mount
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Tripod
- Setting Circles
- Latitude Scale
- Slow Motion Controls
- Drive Motors
- Autoguider Port
- Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- The Sky Level I CD-ROM
- Accessory Tray
- DC Car Battery Adapter
- Instruction Manual